Friday, August 05, 2011

Summer colds, flowers and WIPs

I've been feeling run down all week, tired, grumpy, not sleeping and now, guess what? I have a cold. In the middle of Summer!

But I also have the most amazing boyfriend who has put up with me all week and then last night, when my cold turned into a full blown, snotty nose, sore throat, can't breathe kind of cold, he made me dinner AND bought me flowers! Now, my BF is not the romantic type. He doesn't know what romance is. So when said flowers were proudly presented to me, I was so touched at the thoughtfulness of it all that I actually cried! I kid you not.

Would you like to see the flowers? Beautiful roses. Look!



Beautiful, aren't they?

I've also been working on a few bits and pieces this week. My knitted teddy bear is all knitted but I now need to stuff and sew it up. I hate this bit and will probably leave it til the very last minute before I finish it!

Teddy bear waiting to be sewn up

When it's finished, it is supposed to look something like this!

Beautiful Debbie Bliss knitting book

I've also finished ONE sock which I'm knitting for a friend's birthday. I always seem to suffer from 'One Sock Syndrome' - you know, when you manage to knit one sock but never get round to knitting the other one. I have many lonely socks in the bottom of my knitting bag waiting for a partner to join them.

But I am loving this sock. It's made with a beautiful Lana Grossa merino and cashmere mix sock wool and its just lovely. Its the first time I've used this wool (having always used Regia sock wool in the past) but I love this one. It may become my sock wool of choice (although its not very practical being a handwash only wool!)
Lonely sock waiting for it's partner

My crochet blanket is still coming along nicely. I will post a WIP picture of it soon, I just haven't had the chance to get out ALL the granny squares for a photo session. I worked out last night that I will need 100 squares for it to be the 'right' size. I have 60 squares so far - only another 40 to go! Sigh.

And last but not least, look what arrived in the post this morning! I was SO excited.

I can't wait to learn to sew! My little sis has offered to give me a sewing lesson soon. This book is full of beautiful things to sew - I don't know what I want to make first. Will let you know how I get on with my first sewing project!

Have a fabulous weekend! xx

2 comments:

  1. So many typos Nikita! I forgive you cos you're ill though. Jealous of flowers. I never get flowers unless I buy my own. Nothing wrong with it but where's the romance in that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki! Thank you for your comment on my birdie socks. It really does look more complicated than it is. Ahhh, I know about the 'one sock syndrome' very well, I am yet to knit a complete pair of socks. But I am determined to finish this pair!
    Lovely flowers! Hope you feel better soon!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete