Saturday, August 06, 2011

The joys of wool

This week I have been soooo self-indulgent! But its made me oh so happy.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of pennies on the softest, loveliest wool and it's just been delivered by the nice postman. I am so excited!

I did ummm and ahhhh about this wool purchase, mainly because I couldn't bring myself to spend so much money on wool. I consulted crafty friends on the purchase and of course, they convinced me that it was money worth spent. I did a bit of research in blogland and realised that others often indulge in luxurious yarn. So after a lot of pondering, a few clicks here and there on the laptop and voila, 50 balls of Rowan Cashsoft Chunky was ordered. I did feel guilty for a little while and even now, I can't believe I was so self-indulgent!

But the wool has arrived and look!

12 lovely soft colours

Beautiful, aren't they? A blend of merino and cashmere. I chose more muted tones as I want this for my bedroom. My plan is to crochet a luxurious blanket for my bed. It will take me ages but the end result will be worth it. I can't wait to get started!

Have a lovely Saturday! xx


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Nikki I would agree this was definitely worth it, all the wool looks lovely together and I just love the colour combo..(it's an investment!) Have a lovely weekend, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...I can't wait to see what you create! The colours are really good together... have fun with it! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful yarn! I love the colors so and they seems softy touching! Looking forward to seeing your blanket-in-progress! It must turn out gorgeous for sure!
    Have a lovely week ahead!
    LS, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki!!! I didn't know you had this fabulous blog! I love it! I've just spent ages reading it and getting up to speed, it's really really great, you are very talented. Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete