Monday, July 25, 2011

How does your garden grow?

I'm not much of a gardener but I have in recent years, got more and more involved with 'grow your own'. I have a teeny tiny garden but I have still managed to grow runner beans, courgettes, various tomatoes, strawberries, oriental lillies, red and green pepper, chilli peppers, and a variety of herbs! Oh and an assortment of weeds too :)


My courgettes and runner beans are doing really well, to the point where I actually have too many and gave some away to my sisters over the weekend.


My tomatoes are getting bigger but still green and I also have a few small peppers which I am getting excited about too!


But the most favourite thing I have planted so far has to be the oriental lily bulbs. I didn't think they would grow but LOOK!


How beautiful are they? I LOVE them and they smell absolutely devine. And the best thing? They'll re-flower every year so I'll have a lovely supply of oriental lilies every Summer. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. but this time next year you won't be in your little flat! did you put them in pots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course they're in pots - I'm taking them all with me!

    ReplyDelete